4EXT Recovery Touch
- includes all of the many features from 4EXT Recovery Classic, see 2nd post
- New in Beta 5: usb unbrick feature (inside the "tools" menu)
- brand new user interface: "4EXT UI"
- touchscreen only!
- extreme theming capabilities!
- nearly ALL YOU SEE is changeable.
- "worker bar": create your own custom animations, there are (nearly) no limits! Use any shapes/sizes/animations et.c.
- extra low cpu needed for that: absolutely no negative impact on backup/restore speed.
- async UI rendering for optimal performance for the "heavy tasks" like backup/restore
- Backups even a bit faster than with usual recoveries.
- based upon the extremely, rock solid version 4EXT Recovery Classic v2.2.7 RC5
- with some enhancements ..
- Detects your local time zone
- Displays your local time
- Correct time is used for backups you start from within recovery
- Scrollable texthistory (drag down the statusbar)
- Built-in interactivity (yes/no questions) for updater-scripts
- .. explore the new interface to see more
For rom chefs:
Info regarding 4EXT Recovery Touch and its yesno feature, or any interactive installer scripts you might already use, please see 4th post (adjustments needed unfortunately).
- Themes Tutorial and FAQ will follow later
Themes for 4EXT Recovery Touch:
Official 4EXT Recovery Themes Index & Discussion Thread
You need to update 4EXT Recovery Control, or the free 4EXT Recovery Updater to at least v2.1.4 to be able to install 4EXT Recovery Touch.
Please be aware that you currently cannot use any of the App's features for theming 4EXT Recovery Touch. The UI is still subject to change. It would have delayed the release by another month. This functionality will be added to the App of course as soon as it's possible!
- All downloads are available through 4EXT Recovery Updater. It's free, no ads, no tracking, no nothing, don't worry
.. and of course via 4EXT Recovery Control
- This ensures that your downloads are ok by automatically verifying md5sums and that known issues and changelogs are easily accessible
- It sets config values for the recovery that are sometimes needed for certain devices when new versions are released to lessen the chance for errors
- It allows me to update known issues/changelogs immediately and to quickly pull a newly released version if there were reports about critical bugs
- It also notifies you when there are any new critical bugs found
- You can also use it to just download a recovery.zip containing the image. The download will be automatically verified for correct md5sums!
4EXT Recovery Control
For a list of its many features, visit 4EXTRecovery
Some examples :
- Flash as many zip files you want in one go
- Automatically calculate and display the md5sums of all zip files you are going to flash
- Check your backups' health to ensure they will restore later when you need them, by verifying their md5sums!
- Optionally, but highly not recommended:
If md5sums don't match but you REALLY NEED that backup BADLY, you might want to restore it anyway.
You can you this app to fix the md5sums of a given backup to "forcefully" restore it!
- Calculate real values for the space needed to create a new full or advanced backup
Advanced Backups: While you are selecting / deselecting partitions, it will display and update the currently needed space to complete that custom backup set.
- Identifies and adds your romname so you don't need to type so much when chosing a meaningful name for your backup
- As an example, the following is possible to do in just one session:
Restore a backup, set to create a backup / advanced backup before the restore,
format all partitions with a file system of your choice before the restore process starts,
flash additional zip files afterwards, fix permissions and select to stay inside recovery or to reboot automatically once all actions are complete.
- Much, much more! See 4EXTRecovery
Big thanks to DolphiCom for all the graphics, the worker bar and a whole lot of great ideas and to the many great testers who spent all day/night testing, reporting bugs, making suggestions, helping with decisions:
Jotha, craacK, Patrics83, Euphorie, Mike1986, Whiskey103, ptr_hamilton, Lizard, TheUntouchable, bmonster
Big thanks to Jotha and Whiskey103 for testing the themes features creating and their first themes for 4EXT Recovery Touch.
Also Big thanks to all the donators to 4EXT Recovery and everyone who has bought 4EXT Recovery Control! Without you I wouldn't be able to spend as much time with the project:
SO A HUGE THANK YOU!
SYRAKUS, FISHA21, ZJXPOT, ZEEKIZ, A USER, PHILOS64, STEVEATHOME, PREACHER65, BEN_PYETT, HAWST, ANIT77, ULTRA DROID, PTR_HAMILTON, BEANBEAN50, SEBASTIAAN15 and LOVEBOATCAPTAIN
Of course BIG THANKS to KOUSH for ClockworkModRecovery!
Without him, 4EXT Recovery wouldn't exist!
Thanks a lot to the following users for testing for the Desire:
Without your help in testing many, many hours for the Desire this would have been impossible!
PTR_HAMILTON, SEBASTIAAN15, THEUNTOUCHABLE, BMONSTER, ANDREIGHERGHE, PRESTON74, MADKAI, YASIR, PLAYPETEPP
Last, but by far not less or even least thanks to the following users for obtaining calibration values for the touchscreen: