CERCA
PER MODELLO
FullScreen Chatbox! :)

Utente del giorno: complicazio con ben 2 Thanks ricevuti nelle ultime 24 ore
Utente della settimana: 9mm con ben 11 Thanks ricevuti negli ultimi sette giorni
Utente del mese: 9mm con ben 34 Thanks ricevuti nell'ultimo mese

Visualizzazione dei risultati da 1 a 2 su 2
Discussione:

Anomalia durante la modifica manuale del savedInstanceState di un ViewPager Fragment

Se questa discussione ti è stata utile, ti preghiamo di lasciare un messaggio di feedback in modo che possa essere preziosa in futuro anche per altri utenti come te!
    Baby Droid

Ringraziamenti
    Ringraziato 0 volte in 0 Posts
    Predefinito

Anomalia durante la modifica manuale del savedInstanceState di un ViewPager Fragment

Salve a tutti, ho aperto una discussione su stackoverflow ma non ho ricevuto risposta.

Incollo qui la mia domanda che ho fatto lì.

Se ci sono problemi con il fatto che il seguente testo è in inglese vi prego di farmelo sapere, lo traduco senza alcun problema!

I have a ViewPager (instantiated with FragmentStatePagerAdapter) with some Fragment attached to it.

In a specific usecase I need to reset instanceBean and UI for most of the fragments in the pager.

After some googling I have tried some solutions like this but the side effects were not easy manageable. Other solution like this doesn't match my needs.

So I decided to go straight with the manual reset of the UI and instanceBean obj like in the code below:

The code

Single fragment reset

This is done with the following code from the parent Activity:

Fragment reset from parent

AfterViews method:

OnSavedInstanceState

----------

Why do I set every page before resetting them?

Because like explained here:

When pages are not visible to the user, their entire fragment may be destroyed, only keeping the saved state of that fragment.
    and because until I don't select the relative fragment the @AfterViews method (that is everything processed right after OnCreateView of the fragment) is not executed.
    This throws NullPointerException for a thousand of reason (Usually in the @AfterViews method You launch RestoreState method, initializes adapter, do UI stuff).

Setting the relative page before the reset let @AfterViews method be processed.

----------

Before checking what would happened when rotating the device, all the fragment I need are correcly reset.

When rotating the device, the error comes out:

The views (mainly EditText) go back to their previous state BEFORE my reset.

What happens?

When switching between the page, at a certain point the page will be destroyed and OnSavedInstanceState is called everytime for each page.

I have already handled the OnSavedInstanceState (like above) that when the boolean is false saves the state like if it had just been created.

I found that until within AfterView method the EditText has its text set to blank (like I want) but going on with the debug the EditText goes back to its previous state, so at the end it will show the last text it had.

Question

How can I keep the manually set (in OnSavedInstanceState) EditText text after destroying/recreating a fragment?

Baby Droid

Ringraziamenti
    Ringraziato 0 volte in 0 Posts
    Predefinito

Ci sono news su questo mio problema?

Tag per questa discussione

Permessi di invio