PER MODELLO
FullScreen Chatbox! :)

Utente del giorno: 9mm con ben 3 Thanks ricevuti nelle ultime 24 ore
Utente della settimana: 9mm con ben 8 Thanks ricevuti negli ultimi sette giorni
Utente del mese: 9mm con ben 29 Thanks ricevuti nell'ultimo mese

Visualizzazione dei risultati da 1 a 4 su 4
Discussione:

[TOOLS][ZIPS][SCRIPTS] osm0sis' Odds and Ends [Multiple Devices/Platforms]

Se questa discussione ti è stata utile, ti preghiamo di lasciare un messaggio di feedback in modo che possa essere preziosa in futuro anche per altri utenti come te!
    Senior Droid L'avatar di Uzumaki99

Smartphone
    Galaxy Nexus

Ringraziamenti
    Ringraziato 568 volte in 246 Posts
    Predefinito

[TOOLS][ZIPS][SCRIPTS] osm0sis' Odds and Ends [Multiple Devices/Platforms]

Informazioni Generali

In poche parole, volevo solo un singolo thread per raccogliere i link ad alcuni dei miei progetti di "grandi" dimensioni, ma anche un luogo dove mettere alcuni script più piccoli gli zip che ho creato che non credo meritino una propria discussioni. Questo è, in parte per la mia sanità mentale e speriamo che renderà più facile per gli altri trovare alcune cose. Un sacco di roba qui presente è stata sviluppato con il GN o N7 (i miei dispositivi) e Windows, ma potrebbe essere generalmente applicabile alla maggior parte dei dispositivi con qualche leggera modifica. Se vedi qualcosa che ti ispira, vai avanti e modifica; fammelo sapere però per un minimo di credito. Se qualcuno volesse conoscere le specifiche di quello che c'è in un particolare script che non ho già collegato a ulteriori informazioni, me lo faccia sapere e vi posterò le info. Grazie!

Misc./Batch Tools

• Android Image Kitchen (many devices)
      A collection of Windows ports of the necessary Linux utilities for Android image (kernel+recovery) mod work, and my own automation script to unpack, edit and repack the ramdisk. Other guides/scripts exist but none of them are universal for target device, compression and/or developed for Windows. Has been extremely useful for me in my messing around with kernel ramdisks.

• ADB Screenshot (GN)
      Take screenshots while in recovery. Useful for development of recovery apps or error reporting. Lots of different threads around with the general method for various devices but I figured out a couple tricks required for getting it working on the Galaxy Nexus and then automated the process. Tested and confirmed working with both pixel formats of CWM and TWRP. Could be modified for many other devices but testing would be needed to determine the proper resolution and pixel formatting. More information in this GN Q&A FFmpeg thread.

• ADBsync sdcard Backup (many devices)
      Backs up the entire sdcard so that you can have a complete snapshot of your device when you make periodic backups, and be able to restore things exactly as they were. Automates the sync process of Renate NST's great ADBsync utility which makes only newer files get pulled, significantly decreasing backup time for the sdcard compared to "adb pull". Currently written for devices with /data/media/ internal sdcards (Nexus devices, etc.), but could easily be modified to backup other mountpoints.

Flashable Zips

• Kernel Emergency Reset script (many devices)
      Basically a go-to cure-all for custom kernel users experiencing issues after an upgrade due to old settings left over in a kernel control app (eg. franco.Kernel updater, Trickster, etc.), or problematic init.d/userinit.d scripts. It's also useful if you just want to make sure you're running clean defaults without conflicts.

• GN BootUnlocker script (GN)
    • N4 BootUnlocker script (N4)
    • N10 BootUnlocker script (N10)
      I don't know about everyone else but sometimes I find I've rebooted into the bootloader only to realize I've forgotten to unlock it in segv11's excellent BootUnlocker App beforehand. Well, I decided to make a BootUnlocker Script for my Galaxy Nexus so I could just boot to recovery quickly, unlock, then adb reboot-bootloader (or use my Reboot To Bootloader script below) to get back without having to fully boot the OS to make the change. As with the app there is no data loss like there would be with fastboot, allowing you to relock for safety. Originally posted in the GN EDIFY Scripting thread. Modified for the N4 and N10 using partition information from the BootUnlocker App Dev thread.

• N7 BootUnlocker script (N7) [creation guide]
      The Nexus 7 is a special case. Per-device encryption of an entire partition makes it impossible to support the N7 in a simple root app, or flashable zip as above, however using my guide and included script you can now create a working BootUnlocker Script Zip for your specific device. As with the above scripts there is no data loss like there would be with fastboot, allowing you to relock for safety.

• Reboot To Bootloader script (all devices)
      Those who prefer using CWM may have noticed a couple of things missing that the other popular custom recovery, TWRP, has built-in. One of these is a file explorer/manager, which is answered by amarullz' brilliant AROMA Filemanager. Another thing I found myself wanting is a way to reboot back to the bootloader once I'm in recovery, so I created this very very simple flashable zip script. Note: Once in the bootloader, "Start" will boot you back to recovery. Not sure why, but it's not a big deal, just reboot normally from recovery at that point.

• sdcard Fix Permissions script (many devices)
      A little flashable zip script to fix ownership and permissions of files and directories on the sdcard to what they would be if Android OS had put them there itself, since some apps can't access pushed files that have root.root as owner/group. This is useful when restoring to your sdcard backup, as with my ADBsync sdcard Backup batch script above, since generally, pushed files get root.root from adb shell and higher permissions than usual. Currently written for devices with /data/media/ internal sdcards (Nexus devices, etc.), but could easily be modified for other mountpoints.

• Dev Team init.d Pack Installer (all devices) [see "950iosettings, etc." below]
      A simple installer I wrote to create the /system/etc/init.d/ directory, extract the latest init.d scripts as published by the "Franco's Dev Team" tuning collective (of which I'm a member), then set correct owner, group and permissions to the entire init.d directory. Link points to my Dev-Host since we are still finalizing a number of tunables and this file gets updated regularly. If you are a developer and would like to include these tunables/scripts in your kernel or ROM please provide credit. A lot of time and effort has gone into this project and that's all we ask.

Credits & Thanks: All authors of any included binaries and libraries for their amazing work. Anyone who's helped me with these projects along the way.

Ne io ne il forum ne il creatore si assume la responsabilità di ciò che può accadere ai vostro cellulari
    My G.Nexus

Rom: Firework
    Kernel: Fireworks Kernel

2. I seguenti 5 Utenti hanno ringraziato Uzumaki99 per il post:

fedelamb (07-07-13),liberalinea (07-07-13),Pelide (05-07-13),SamueleCiprietti (06-07-13),sero86 (07-07-13)

Senior Droid L'avatar di Uzumaki99

Smartphone
    Galaxy Nexus

Ringraziamenti
    Ringraziato 568 volte in 246 Posts
    Predefinito

Scripts

• 950iosettings + 875mntsettings + 925vmsettings init.d scripts (all devices) [with Franco's Dev Team]
      The scheduler tunables have already gained a bit of attention/adoption on various devices and kernels, but this is the init.d script I wrote to set the new custom scheduler tunables values as "default" by an independent loop, sleeping in the background and detecting each time the scheduler is changed. There is no effect on idle drain or deep sleep. The settings included are the growing work of the "Franco's Dev Team" (or "Team Franco") tuning collective, of which I am a member. We are striving to perfect the scheduler, vm and various other settings for the smoothest and fastest experience available. The collective is: malaroth, osm0sis, joaquinf, The Gingerbread Man, pkgnex, Khrushy, shreddintyres. Link points to my Dev-Host since we are still finalizing a number of tunables and this gets updated regularly. If you are a developer and would like to include these tunables/scripts in your kernel or ROM please provide credit. A lot of time and effort has gone into this project and that's all we ask.

• getprio (all devices)
      Android doesn't allow you to check the priority (or "niceness") of a process with the getpriority command as you would with normal Linux, and busybox doesn't provide this functionality either, so I wrote this reasonably simple script to allow you to check the niceness of a process. Some kernels have been experimenting with increasing the priority of com.android.systemui for smoothness, so this command can be used for testing different levels and whether the renice command set it correctly. Remove the .txt extension once downloaded and place in /system/xbin/ with rwxr-xr-x (755) permissions. It can then be run from Terminal with either the pid (default), class or a class name search string. Uses pidof and pgrep from busybox.

• lmkwhitelist init.d script (all devices)
      Users running ROMs or kernels with extremely aggressive custom lowmemorykiller (lmk) driver settings may notice their launcher redrawing frequently. Some kernels/ROMs also include an exclusion for this by making stock (or the included) launcher unkillable, however that still leaves all the 3rd party launchers out there that people use. I wrote this init.d script with a community created list of the most common launchers to make whichever one is installed unkillable. This also has instructions for how to set up init.d scripts. If your launcher isn't included in the list, you can modifiy it by adding the application class name (from the Play Store URL) to the list within quotes, separated by spaces.

• settingsdump.sh (all devices)
      In comparing vm settings from various kernels and ROMs to see what's out there, I wrote this script to generate a list of the values of all the relevant sysfs files and directories. Now expanded to cover cpu and governor as well. Remove the .txt extension once downloaded. To run it, assuming you just put it in /sdcard/, open Terminal Emulator and type: "sh /sdcard/settingsdump.sh" (without quotes). It will output the file to /sdcard/r*-output.txt where * is the revision of the kernel you're running. This makes it easier to compare what's changed between different nightlies, for example.

• testvalue.sh (all devices)
      Very simple little script I wrote while we were testing out odd scales of different schedulers for 950iosettings above. Some, like the read_idle tunable for the row scheduler, vary by device, not accepting just any values and jumping by 10s on the N7 and starting at 7 on the GN then jumping by 8s (with the occasional 7). Very weird stuff, so this script helped us figure out exactly how certain tunables work by allowing us to put in the target sysfs location of the tunable, and an upper testing limit, then just letting it run to see how they increase. Here just as a timesaver for anyone looking for something similar. Remove the .txt extension once downloaded. See above for general run instructions.

Other

• Holo Stock Notification Icons for Notification Toggle (many devices)
      This was likely my first post ever on xda. It is a "Notificon" pack for j4velin's fantastic Notification Toggle App, bringing a seamless stock look to this indespensibly useful app. Also a great way to get back to Settings easily from the notification shade since Android 4.2, and add shutdown/reboot menu functionality to stock/vanilla ROMs.

• My GN franco.Kernel Settings + 900colorsettings init.d script (GN)
      I was being asked a fair amount for my kernel settings over in the GN f.K thread where I help out, so I posted them up. I also put up an init.d script for setting franciscofranco's default color values on boot, which can drastically change the outcome on older panels, and at least makes custom values seamless. Instructions for how to set up init.d scripts are included. I also made a sysfs commands post that can be added to init.d scripts to control a variety of kernel functions on boot.

• Nexus Louder Audio Improvement Patch (GN, N4, N7) [with Misledz]
      One of my earliest forays into EDIFY scripting, I wrote the flashable zip install/revert scheme for this great volume boost mod by Misledz. The scripts check to see if the mod is already installed and if so recommends you flash the version-specific revert that goes with it. More on that in the Intelligent EDIFY thread. During install the script also backs up the ROM files it replaces so that you don't need to reflash your whole ROM if something goes wrong, just use the revert to restore the backups. I also wrote automation batch scripts for Misledz as the "Louder Build Farm" to simplify his work for all the versions of the mod he maintains for various devices, but I won't be posting those while the mod is still in active development. GN/Dev thread linked; N4 and N7 links can be found there.

• BBCode for my xda Signature (n/a)
      Last and definitely least. A number of people have asked me about the formatting of my signature, so here are some simple BBCode tricks and workarounds I thought others might like too. Keep in mind that my signature can be significantly larger because of my RC status.

Enjoy!
    Questions, comments and feedback welcome.

Credits & Thanks: All authors of any included binaries and libraries for their amazing work. Anyone who's helped me with these projects along the way.

Ne io ne il forum ne il creatore ci assumiamo la responsabilità di ciò che può accadere al vostro cellulare
    Ultima modifica di Uzumaki99; 05-07-13 alle 19:32
    My G.Nexus

Rom: Firework
    Kernel: Fireworks Kernel

5. I seguenti 3 Utenti hanno ringraziato Uzumaki99 per il post:

Pelide (05-07-13),SamueleCiprietti (06-07-13),sero86 (07-07-13)

Senior Droid L'avatar di NexusSte91

Ringraziamenti
    Ringraziato 88 volte in 81 Posts
    Predefinito

Non ho capito niente, cosa sono?

Senior Droid

Ringraziamenti
    Ringraziato 43 volte in 40 Posts
    Predefinito

Quote Originariamente inviato da NexusSte91 Visualizza il messaggio
    Non ho capito niente, cosa sono?
    ..leggi accanto a ciascuna voce, ci sono le descrizioni dove viene spiegato il senso del pacchetto

Per quanto mi riguarda, davvero un utilissimo topic e ho ringraziato Uzumaki99
    Google Galaxy Nexus i9250
    Google Nexus S i9023
    Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini N
    Acer Liquid Mini

Permessi di invio