CERCA
PER MODELLO
FullScreen Chatbox! :)

Utente del giorno: Varioflex con ben 2 Thanks ricevuti nelle ultime 24 ore
Utente della settimana: 9mm con ben 14 Thanks ricevuti negli ultimi sette giorni
Utente del mese: 9mm con ben 35 Thanks ricevuti nell'ultimo mese

Pagina 1 di 68 1231151 ... ultimoultimo
Ultima pagina
Visualizzazione dei risultati da 1 a 10 su 679
Discussione:

[KERNEL JB] Perseus {Jellybean SAMSUNG ONLY}

Se questa discussione ti è stata utile, ti preghiamo di lasciare un messaggio di feedback in modo che possa essere preziosa in futuro anche per altri utenti come te!
    wsx
    wsx non è in linea
    Senior Droid L'avatar di wsx

Smartphone
    Note 4 - iPhone 2G 4GB :o

Ringraziamenti
    Ringraziato 261 volte in 158 Posts
    Predefinito

[KERNEL JB] Perseus {Jellybean SAMSUNG ONLY}

PER TUTTI COLORO CHE SEGUONO QUESTO KERNEL,

IL NUOVO THREAD LO TROVATE

QUI

chiudo

Presento un nuovo kernel Jelly bean ONLY.
    Thread ufficiale su XDA

Quote Originariamente inviato da AndreiLux Visualizza il messaggio
    Welcome to the Perseus kernel! I thought it would be a nice catchname considering the Galaxy/Universe/Pegasus themes.

I'm trying to be more cutting-edge in terms of development in this kernel. In contrast to other kernels and philosophies of other developers, I don't believe giving the users more choice is a very smart thing to do. As such you won't find a dozen different governors or twenty different settings for this kernel. There is a optimal, or at least, most optimal setting on which the devices operate both in terms of performance and power management. For the average user this kernel will brings lots of benefits to battery life, screen improvement, fluidity and sound enhancements without having to set up any of the configurations.

Advanced users are welcome to modify the scaling mechanisms of PegasusQ and I advise SetCPU 3 for this, most of the behaviour that one should configure is configurable via that application. CPU undervolting is compatible with most undervolting applications. For all other things, one should use scripts.

Don't be scared by the alpha denomination of the kernel, I'm just taking the traditional naming scheme where alpha designates feature development, beta is feature-completeness, and final will actually be when I'll actively stop developing the kernel. The kernel is very stable, and any bugs are fixed in hotfix versions (alpha x.y)

The kernel is also being maintained and released cross-device for the I9305 (S3 LTE), N7100 (Note 2) and N7105 (Note 2 LTE) and shares the same base-source.

Features / changelist:

Perseus alpha31 (09/01):
    • Removed my own security fixes and replaced them with the official Samsung one. I guess it can now be disclosed: exynos-mem was only one of multiple entry-points for the memory exploit. We discovered the s5p-smem exploit ourselves back in December but kept it quiet, I fixed that one back in version 29.2 without mentioning. Nobody was secure from a smart exploiter up until then, SuperCurios or Chainfire's software fixes are also just patching a single hole in what is a Swiss cheese. Kernels >v31 and beyond stock LLA are now the only truly protected ones.
    • Samsung's fix for the sudden death syndrome (SDS) included. It is caused by eMMC failure on phones with VTU00M internal memory chips with revision 0xF1. You can check your phone with the "eMMC Brickbug Check" in the Play Store (Ignore the message if it says you're not affected, the type and revision is what matters). The patch is a firmware soft-patch that is applied on every boot and MMC resume, it is not a permanent fix. You will need to stay forever on kernels which include the patch, this also will include updated recoveries.
    • Some other minor MMC changes extracted from Update 7 sources.
    • Harmonized some mif/int max voltages with the Note 2 limits.

Perseus alpha30 (06/01):
    • Internal and memory voltage control. This is the first and only working implementation out there. Memory interface voltage is exactly what it the name implies, the voltage on the chip-to-chip interface from the SoC to the memory chip. Internal voltage is the whole SoC voltage excluding CPU, GPU, and the MIF. This includes all auxiliary function blocks such as the ISP/Image signal processor, camera interfaces, I/O interfaces, display controller and the MFC/Multi function codec hardware video de-/en-coder.

- Internal voltage respectively memory voltage table is found in /sys/devices/cpu/busfreq/ as int_volt_table or mif_volt_table
      - The frequencies are defined as OPP's (Operating performance points), internal frequency and memory frequency (And voltages) together as a pair form an OPP. If you want to change the voltages through the sysfs files, keep in mind how you change them. MIF voltages are stored independently with each OPP step. INT voltages are stored in respect of their frequency key.

- Default OPP steps are: 400200, 267200, 267160, 160160, 133133, 100100. The first three numbers represent the memory frequency, the other three the internal base frequency. For example 267200 means the memory interface is at 267MHz (533MHz DDR) and the internal frequency is 200MHz.

- The voltages in STweaks are sorted out through some magic and are frequency unique, I recommend using that for controlling them.
    • Busfreq logic control added into STweaks, this includes all the already available configurables in the stock kernel with added explanations and I supplemented it with a sampling rate parameter.
    • Some minor source updates from Samsung regarding some new sensor drivers.
    • Replaced pegasusq's runqueue detection logic with a new more superiror and precise in-scheduler collection logic, I found that the real runqueues are much less than what was previously reported. This should help a lot with hotplugging.
    • Enabled AFTR by default since we are now running very often in single-core mode. Keep in mind this mode is WFI Idle + LPA + AFTR.
    • Fixed a kernel bug which was eating up randomness entropy. This is related to that whole seeder business - please don't use any of those fixes. I also disabled virtual addresss randomization and at the same time disabled entropy generation from the block layer, which should avoid I/O overheads.

Continua.....
    Ultima modifica di dieguccio; 24-03-13 alle 15:41
    Samsung Note S4 Black SM-N910F

2. I seguenti 2 Utenti hanno ringraziato wsx per il post:

ameris (13-12-12),ZioSte (22-10-12)

wsx
    wsx non è in linea

Smartphone

Ringraziamenti
    Predefinito

Perseus alpha29.2 (24/12):
    • Another minor (major) release due to security. Please update.
    • I screwed up something touchscreen related in v29 that disabled Flexrate requests, fixed now.
    • Changed Flexrate requests so that they don't scale down in their sub-samples anymore. This should improve fluidity.

Perseus alpha29 (18/12):
    • I'm doing a quick release because of the security fix, not very feature rich.
    • Fixes the exynos-mem security hole. This is my own fix and will not break camera. Read about it here. You don't need to use Chainfire's or Supercurio's fixes, in fact, you shouldn't use them because of the camera.
    • Updated Wifi drivers.
    • Added GPU utilization control to sysfs and STweaks.
    • Changed default GPU thresholds to more relaxed values (75/17)
    • Added block device read-ahead control to STweaks. Additionally set the default read-ahead for internal memory to 256kB and 1mB for SD cards.

29.1: - Reverted the Wifi drivers back and did some CMA adjustments to see if that fixes some random reboots of people.

Perseus alpha28 (13/12):
    • 28.1: I reverted the striked out changes due to exFat. I changed my mind due to demand. I apologize for the chaos.
    • [B]On your SD card showing up as damaged: it is not.[/B]
      I made a decision in terms of exFat compatibility; either I advance the kernel with newer upstream Linux versions or stay back and keep compatibility with the exFat modules. While I have nothing against proprietary modules or such, not being able to adapt them to the kernel is not optimal. You can format your cards to FAT32 or ext4 without much issue. Please back up your data and format your card accordingly before flashing v28.[*]Updated the block system to Linux kernel 3.3.
    • Introduced FIOPSv2, ROWv4, ZEN, BFQv5 as new I/O schedulers;

FIOPS is the new default scheduler, it's a CFQ like fairness scheduler optimized for solid state storage. ROW should be the actual better performer here as it has superior logic, but I didn't set it as default because of some lags when installing applications. ZEN is just a mix of SIO and Deadline and nothing special. BFQ seems to underperform. I recommend the first two over everything else, and added the latter two just for comparison's sake.
    • Added dynamic Fsync control (Faux123). It disables Fsync only when the screen is on. Enabled by default (Fsync off).
    • Changed some logic on when the adaptive scaling voltages are applied in the kernel init sequence. This fixes GPU voltages not being applied at boot and also fixes the wrong default voltages being displayed in STweaks.
    • STweaks tab for I/O with scheduler selection for each device block and also dynamic Fsync.
    • New script side feature in the uci.sh framework: When inserting an override.profile file into the profile folder (/data/.perseus), the entries in the override profile will supersede the ones in your default profile. You can use to make CWM zips to turn off set at boot flags or to share targeted settings with others. The override is applied once at boot after which the profile deletes itself.

Perseus alpha27 (02/12):
    • Sources updated with various updates from N8000u1 base. Included are following important changes;
    • CMA memory allocation has been altered and page handling in the kernel in regard to CMA affected pages has been dramatically improved, this should fix the high load of the "migration" process users have had since initial Jellybean kernels.
    • Updated wireless drivers.
    • Adds a delay to SD Card host controller power-down, which I assume is to prevent some corruption. There is a specific change to Toshiba 19nm manufactured SD Cards, these are mostly the latest SanDisk 64GB cards. Together this may fix issues users have had.
    • Updates the camera interface, Video4Linux and Jpeg2x drivers and this fixes compatibility with 4.1.2 ROMs. Backwards compatibility is retained.
    • Other updates which are more transparent to the end-user.
    • New PegasusQ logic:

- We now have additional conditionals on the hotplug logic which checks the total load across all cores and is able to bias towards a specified core count if the load is low. This is useful because previously we could have had frequency spikes and lots of low-load threads triggering a hotplug-up while in reality it wasn't needed. The core count is more biased on keeping 2 cores online in most cases now unless really needed.

- The way freq_step is handled has changed. We now take the remainder of load space above the up threshold and dissect it into three slices each having different frequency increase step sizes. The first two slices are each of up threshold differential size, lop-sided towards the lower end of the load scale. We specify the slice size and freq_step delta in regard to the original freq_step.

- A new fast-down scaling logic; if frequency is beyond a certain threshold, we take a heightened up_threshold value solely on the down scaling logic to scale down more aggressively from the higher frequencies.
    • STweaks. This is my custom implementation of the kernel side, based on Gokhan Moral's initial implementation.

- CPU overclocking and voltages interface.
      - Configurables for all CPU governor settings.
      - GPU overclocking and voltage interface.
      - Interface for audio enhancements.

Perseus alpha26 (14/11):
    • Updated MTP drivers back to the newest version. Fixes some inconsistencies which some people had.
    • Further increased MMC command timeout from Linux default 300ms to 3s in trying to finally squash errors and "unexpectedly removed SD card" after resume.
    • Ported Gokhan Moral's mDNIe interface and also added colour tone modes on top of the scenarios. System interfaces are found in /sys/class/misc/mdnie . Input syntax is the same as the output syntax, or, single register-value pairs as a single line in the output format, except 0xFF which is a terminator value.
    • Increased default sampling rate down to 30ms from 50ms for a bit more fluidity.
    • LTE devices only: Updated some power management functions on the MDM modem from latest sources; this will drastically decrease the amount of wakelocks on mobile data and improve battery life.

Continua ..........
    Ultima modifica di Anna; 09-01-13 alle 09:31

wsx
    wsx non è in linea

Smartphone

Ringraziamenti
    Predefinito

Perseus alpha26.1
    • Disabled net_os_rxfilter_add_remove userspace/ROM filter management in the Wifi driver to prevent the operating system of enabling unwanted pass-through multicast and broadcast filters while in standby.

Perseus alpha25 (23/10):
    • Raised and fixed USB, MISC charging rate to 900mA.
    • Enabled OTG car dock, smart dock and music dock charging. Alternatively this can be triggered if you short pins 4 and 5 of the USB connector with a 40.2kΩ, 64.9kΩ or 619kΩ resistor.
    • MTP fixed on OSX devices.
    • Fixed ROM power savings feature, this was originally broken because of the addition of overclocking, and the same interface that Samsung uses for limiting CPU speed in power savings mode also limits the max frequency to factory defaults. This is now fixed and powersavings mode will throttle to 1000MHz.
    • Fixed mis-configuration of the default audio settings to improve sound quality, sorry about that.
    • Ripped out the old GPU scaling mechanisms and scaling logic and replaced it by something new.

The old mechanism was getting overly complicated and was a remnant of the Galaxy S2 where we merely had 2 frequency steps originally; this was fine then, but isn't anymore today. The threshold fuçkery was confusing to a lot of people and people generally misconfigured their settings with inane values.

The new scaling logic follows a more CPU governor-like approach: Scaling up logic is basically the same as before: the GPU will scale up to the next frequency step when the load reaches a certain threshold. Up-scaling takes place step by step. The up-scaling threshold is now global and a single value applies for all frequency steps.

Scaling down in the new logic resembles more like the ondemand method; The scaling down takes place when the load goes under a certain threshold. This threshold is dictated by the up-threshold minus a down-differential. By default they are 90 and 10. Triggering this condition we scale down into a dynamic frequency target capable of accommodating and dictated by the load level. In plain words, we can scale from max frequency immediately down to the lowest one. This will improve power consumption.
    • Ripped out the old GPU control interfaces and rewrote it with something new to accommodate the new logic. Your old scripts won't work anymore.

We now have 10 frequency steps to the user's disposition; defaults are: 54 108 160 266 350 440 533 640 733 800.

The new system interface targets can be found in /sys/devices/system/gpu/ .

- freq_table outputs a list of the current frequency table. You can use this interface for configuring the frequencies themselves in two ways:

Pair-wise target setting: echo 533 500 > /sys/devices/system/gpu/freq_table will change the 533 step frequency to 500.
      Whole-table echo: echo 54 108 160 266 350 440 500 640 733 800 > /sys/devices/system/gpu/freq_table

In the above example you end up with the same end-result over the stock settings.
      Valid clock frequencies are as follows: 54, 108, 160, 200, 266, 275, 300, 350, 400, 440, 500, 533, 600, 640, 666, 700, 733, 750, 800.

- volt_table outputs the voltages to the corresponding frequencies.

Pair-wise target setting: echo 533 1025 > /sys/devices/system/gpu/volt_table will change's 533MHz's voltage to 1025mV.
      Whole-table echo in the same format as freq_table. Valid voltages are 600mV => x /sys/devices/system/gpu/thresholds[/FONT] . Remember that the first is the up-threshold and the second is the down-differential. The down differential may not be higher than (99 - up value).

- min_freq and max_freq set the limits of the current DVFS policy. By default we're scaling from 160MHz to 440MHz (Same as stock).

echo 533 > /sys/devices/system/gpu/max_freq will enable the top limit to 533MHz and basically overclock the device.
      echo 108 > /sys/devices/system/gpu/min_freq in the same way sets the lower limit.

Perseus alpha25.3:

- current_freq shows the current frequency. This is if somebody likes to make a monitoring app or something.

- time_in_state shows the time spent in µS on each frequency step. Echo 0 to it (by default disabled) to disable it, 1 to enable monitoring, and any other numerical value to reset the timekeeping back to 0.

Sources:

https://github.com/AndreiLux/Perseus-S3

Credit and thanks:

gokhanmoral, netarchy, and anybody credited in the commits.

TL;DR: before flashing aside from known issues in the second post.
    • This isn't an AOSP kernel. I won't work with CM and AOSP derivatives.
    • Alpha >=22 for SAMSUNG JELLYBEAN ROMS ONLY.
    Ultima modifica di Anna; 13-01-13 alle 23:50

Senior Droid L'avatar di ginzo

Smartphone
    Samsung Galaxy S5, i9070p

Ringraziamenti
    Ringraziato 156 volte in 126 Posts
    Predefinito

Eccomi! Sono in fase testing pure io da stamattina

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 con Tapatalk 2
    Samsung Galaxy S8 Black 64GB
    Rom: originale
    Knox: 0
    MicroSD Samsung 128GB classe 10 A1

Se ti sono stato utile, clicca o premi sul tasto Thank per ringraziarmi, non costa nulla e fa piacere riceverlo !!

Senior Droid L'avatar di Emblema

Smartphone
    Galaxy S4 mini DUOS

Ringraziamenti
    Ringraziato 27 volte in 26 Posts
    Predefinito

Cosa sembra? Batteria e fluidità

Samsung Galaxy S4 mini DUOS I9192

Senior Droid L'avatar di ginzo

Smartphone
    Samsung Galaxy S5, i9070p

Ringraziamenti
    Ringraziato 156 volte in 126 Posts
    Predefinito

è uscita la 23.2
    Samsung Galaxy S8 Black 64GB
    Rom: originale
    Knox: 0
    MicroSD Samsung 128GB classe 10 A1

Se ti sono stato utile, clicca o premi sul tasto Thank per ringraziarmi, non costa nulla e fa piacere riceverlo !!

Senior Droid L'avatar di blackeagle

Smartphone
    Galaxy SIII, Nexus 7

Ringraziamenti
    Ringraziato 18 volte in 17 Posts
    Predefinito

Ciao visto i continui cambi di rom, kernel etc etc è consigliabile utilizzare lo script di pulizia kernel prima di installare questo kernel? O lo script non funziona su JB?
    Ciao
    Device1:LG G3 Metal Black D855 16Gb
    ROM 20U
    KERNEL Stock

Device2:Galaxy S3 I9300
    Rom: Cyanogen 11
    ExtMem: Samsung 32GB Classe 10

Se ti sono stato d'aiuto un thanks non costa nulla

Androidiano L'avatar di livio94

Smartphone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

Ringraziamenti
    Ringraziato 8 volte in 8 Posts
    Predefinito

Ragazzi allora per la batteria come va?

Senior Droid

Ringraziamenti
    Ringraziato 86 volte in 58 Posts
    Predefinito

Quote Originariamente inviato da livio94
    Ragazzi allora per la batteria come va?

In test.. Non sembra male xò aspetto domani sera x conferme.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 usando Androidiani App
    SE TI SONO STATO D'AIUTO........THANKS PLEASE

SAMSUNG GALAXY S6

Senior Droid

Smartphone
    Samsung Galaxy SIII Blu

Ringraziamenti
    Ringraziato 36 volte in 35 Posts
    Predefinito

Quote Originariamente inviato da blackeagle Visualizza il messaggio
    Ciao visto i continui cambi di rom, kernel etc etc è consigliabile utilizzare lo script di pulizia kernel prima di installare questo kernel? O lo script non funziona su JB?
    Ciao
    Lo script di pulizia kernel non esiste, e' una bufala colossale a quanto si dice su xda ... wipe cache e dalvik e sei a posto
    Terminale Nexus 5 Rom StockOperatore H3GKernel StockModem StockApplicazione preferita Camscanner

Pagina 1 di 68 1231151 ... ultimoultimo
Ultima pagina

Permessi di invio